TDK Corporation (TSE: 6762) was recently named a Clarivate Top 100 Global Innovator™ 2023 for its innovation and leadership in digital transformation (DX) and energy transformation (EX) for the smart society. Since 2012, the Top 100 Global Innovators program has identified companies at the pinnacle of the global innovation landscape by measuring the ideation culture that produces patents and drives growth. With a remarkable nine years on the prestigious list, this recognition further cements TDK as an industry-leading solution provider and ecosystem partner for customers designing and building transformational technologies that address the world’s challenges.
Starting with more than 14,000 organizations, Clarivate selects the most innovative companies based on multiple criteria. It includes the number of patents granted in the past five years, as well as Influence, Success, Globalization, and Rarity. This year, TDK received particularly high evaluations for Influence and Rarity.
“We are greatly honored to be recognized as a Clarivate Top 100 Global Innovator for the ninth time, and for the sixth consecutive year. We will continue our commitment to future innovation by effectively harnessing our group’s diverse corporate resources, creating value through new technologies and products for the world,” said Shigeki Sato, Senior Vice President, General Manager of Technology and Intellectual Property HQ.
Since its founding in 1935, TDK has focused on continuously improving its strengths in material science, production, and process technologies, and as a leading company in the electronic components industry. TDK continues to push the boundaries of electronics innovation, prioritizing DX and EX as key components of the company’s growth and values.
In the last year, TDK has released a number of industry-leading system solutions:
- i3 Micro Module, the world’s first wireless mesh sensor module featuring an embedded edge AI.
- The world’s smallest class of full-color laser module, facilitating the creation of laser direct retinal projection smart glasses in collaboration with QD Laser, Inc.
- RoboKit1, a development platform and reference design for robotics systems, incorporating multiple sensors for industrial or consumer applications.
- InWheelSense™, an energy harvesting and self-powered in-wheel/tire sensor system providing high-fidelity data directly from the tire and road interface.
- The CLT32 series power inductors, extremely compact and reliable with excellent electrical values for ADAS/AD power management.
- Along with the acquisition of Qeexo to further strengthen its ML expertise and simplify ML application development for smart edge solutions.
- And through its CVC TDK Ventures arm, TDK invested in material science and technology companies to support identified new growth markets and technologies, and ultimately to create new solutions for DX and EX.
For details on the report and the full list of the Clarivate Top 100 Global Innovators 2023, visit here.
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a world leader in electronic solutions for the smart society based in Tokyo, Japan. Built on a foundation of material sciences mastery, TDK welcomes societal transformation by resolutely remaining at the forefront of technological evolution and deliberately “Attracting Tomorrow.” It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK‘s comprehensive, innovation-driven portfolio features passive components such as ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, as well as magnetics, high-frequency, and piezo and protection devices. The product spectrum also includes sensors and sensor systems such as temperature and pressure, magnetic, and MEMS sensors. In addition, TDK provides power supplies and energy devices, magnetic heads and more. These products are marketed under the product brands TDK, EPCOS, InvenSense, Micronas, Tronics and TDK-Lambda. TDK focuses on demanding markets in automotive, industrial and consumer electronics, and information and communication technology. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2022, TDK posted total sales of USD 15.6 billion and employed about 117,000 people worldwide.